Welcoming

Hello! Welcome to my Live Journal Blog

Date and Time

Thursday 9 June 2011

I've Braved Myself To Post This. .

Hello fellow bloggers and blogwalkers,

In the previous post, I mentioned something about a famous legendary ghost named Pocong. And I've braved myself to post about something that is very scary. I'm so sorry, it's not about Pocong because at first I've typed it before, but then I erased it all ( God, It's so scary ). I'm going to tell you a story about a famous legend ghost in Bali called Rangda.

A few weeks ago, I went to Bali with my friends at school. The second day in Bali, we visited a place near our hotel that shows a dance performance. The dance is called " Tari Barong ". It is a war between Barong ( The good ) and Rangda ( The evil one ), it's from a story named Calonarang. In this post we'll discussed about Rangda first.

Rangda, is the queen of all demon or leak in Bali mythology. It is famous for eating children and a black magician. Rangda in Javanese means Rongdo or widow. Why? It is known that the magic is owned by a queen in Girah village, and she is a widow. So everyone sometimes calledRangda as Rangda Nateng Girah or " The Widow who ruled Girah Village".

You can called Rangda is the queen of black magician, or in Bali called Pangleakan. In Bali, they believed in balance. Whenever there are evil, there must be the good one. So black and white must be respected and accepted as a gift from God.

Rangda is always symbolized as a woman with giant fangs, glaring eyes, long haired, and long nailed. It is known for carrying a cloth that has some writing ( I don't know what is it ) that is sacred just for Rangda.

Maybe that just it, you can see the show in Bali, Singapadu at 10.00 am. If you have any questions, you can comment. G'bye, I'll see you tomorrow.

RECENT  MOOD : Relieved That This Is Over

1 comment:

  1. Hello,
    may I introduce my self please, I'm Anta, I'm the owner of wikansadewa.blogspot.com or Bali For U. I really happy that my article in that blog can help you here. and the story that you wrote here really good. I'm Sorry I'm not continuing Bali For U again. I'm in term to closing the Blog because I develop the new Blog but in English about Bali. Lot of people ask me to make it in English. So I will Close the Bali For U and starting new one it Call Bali For Ever, balibolu.blogspot.com. It Still under construction. hope you can visit it and comment for the post.

    thanks for the article

    best regards

    Anta

    ReplyDelete